My 7-step weight reduction method explains how I lost 10 kg in 60 days.
My 7-step weight reduction method explains how I lost 10 kg in 60 days.
As I looked in the mirror on my 26th birthday in November of the previous year, I noticed a stranger peering back at me. I decided right there and then that I had had enough of feeling sorry for myself, failing to maintain my fitness goals, and feeling bad about myself. I made a commitment to changing and evolving into the person I desired to be. Even though this is just the beginning of a lifelong journey, I’m already looking forward to what lies ahead. I’m wearing a Captain America shirt in the picture, and when “Civil War” came out, I was unquestionably on his side.
I posted an update on Facebook last night, and some of my friends enquired about it. I, therefore, wanted to share the 7-step strategy that I used to reduce my weight over the previous 60 days.
- Identify your body type.

Being a mesomorph makes losing weight pretty simple for me. The inverse is also true; if I don’t exercise, I may put on up to 2 kg in just one week. I make sure to exercise moderately for at least 20 minutes, 4–5 times per week, to keep my weight under control.
2. Calculate your calorie intake, basal metabolic rate, and body fat percentage.
It’s important to monitor your body fat percentage rather than just focusing on the scale’s reading. It’s crucial to make sure you’re gaining muscle and burning body fat because weight loss can be caused by a variety of things, including water loss and muscle breakdown.
The quantity of energy (measured in calories) needed by your body to maintain function while at rest for a whole day is known as your basal metabolic rate, or BMR. a an an a……………… Your BMR, which can account for up to 60% of your daily energy expenditure, is actually the most important variable.
Even while it’s not feasible to change your BMR in a miraculous way, knowing how it’s calculated and what influences your metabolism can help you use this important data point to develop a more successful plan for weight loss or maintenance.
When attempting to reduce weight, it is essential to be aware of your caloric consumption. Your body must consume fewer calories than it needs in order to lose weight, which forces it to burn through the energy reserves it has accumulated. But it’s crucial to avoid depriving yourself, since this might send your body into “starvation mode,” which causes it to hang onto body fat because it believes you won’t be able to acquire the nutrients you require.
Eating the appropriate foods can help you lose weight, which will be useful when you start to develop your diet plan.
3. Set your goals
Establishing personal objectives might be intimidating. I can still clearly recall how overwhelmed I was when I began out to lose 21 kg and 6 inches off of my hip circumference (I started at 41" after returning from my holiday). Even while it might seem impossible, there is a technique to make it more manageable.
I divided my main goals into smaller ones so that I could feel inspired each time I completed one of them. I was able to stay on track thanks to this strategy, even when I hit a plateau.
My experience has shown me that my plateaus happen around 72 kg and 69 kg, and the next one I expect to reach is 65 kg. During these instances, my weight doesn’t move for a week or two, and occasionally it might even increase. Nevertheless, as long as you’ve been continuously eating well and exercising, there’s no reason to be concerned if this occurs. In reality, this may indicate that your body is building muscle, which will cause the fat to start to go over time. I normally drop an additional 1–1.5kg in a week once I break my plateau spots.
Before beginning a weight loss programme, it’s important to mentally prepare yourself so that you can keep it up as a lifestyle rather than just a short-term phase to have a “summer body.” You must have complete faith in your ability to lose weight, and this faith must be supported by your motivations. Are you committing to a healthier lifestyle over the long run or are you trying to look good for a particular event? You may protect your body from the damaging practise of yo-yo dieting by following this advice.
4. 80/20 rule of losing weight

Even though we’re already halfway through the weight loss plan, don’t be surprised that we haven’t yet gotten to the exercise plan. This is so that you can lose weight, which needs a smart approach. Without a strategy, it is impossible to expect to lose weight and keep it off by simply going to the gym. In actuality, just 20% of your body shape is affected by exercise and 80% of it is determined by what you eat.
What does this mean? That implies that you should pay attention to your diet. You may improve your eating habits by having a greater understanding of your food, how it’s cooked, and its nutritional content.
I used to love food so much that I would eat everything. I’ve since learnt to limit my consumption of them. For instance, I used to eat chocolates daily, but now I limit myself to having them once a week, at most.
5. Your body is in the kitchen making things.
I spent a lot of time looking at diets that would accelerate my weight loss. I started off this time around with a head start because I had past experience from 2014 as a health fanatic.
Start by making tiny, gradual modifications to your everyday routine in order to create long-lasting improvement. By doing so, you can commit to the new behaviours without stressing your body. Personally, I like perusing Pinterest for fresh, wholesome meals to try out.
My food plan breakdown:
Breakfast:
I either start my day with a cup of ginger honey tea or lemon water to get my digestive system going. To increase the amount of fibre and nutrients in my drinks, I prefer to add chia seeds. I usually eat oats and berries for breakfast or a protein-packed banana pancake made with only two ingredients. Recently, to change up the flavours on some days, I’ve been pouring a little coconut butter on my pancake. It’s full of good fats!
Lunch:
I avoided eating meat for the first two weeks of my weight loss quest and largely stuck to a vegetarian diet. When I was in the mood for meat, I would substitute fish for it. In contrast to meat, especially red meat, which frequently overpowers the flavour of other components, this technique helps me reset my palette and become accustomed to the flavours of healthy food options, which have a tendency to taste lighter.
My lunch these days usually consists of a salad with some kind of protein. I frequently have salmon fillets ready to go in the fridge while I’m cooking at home. I fry them on a pan and serve them with some vegetables. In order to avoid consuming any carbohydrates when purchasing food outside, I look for grilled options and, if available, may choose to eat them in a wrap.
Snacks:
The impact of this adjustment was enormous! I started munching on almonds or berries instead of my regular sugary foods, and the results were fantastic. I became more mentally aware, noticed skin improvements, and avoided mood swings brought on by the infamous sugar drop in the evenings by cutting out refined sugar from my diet.
Dinner:
I chose to eat something light. Often, it included steamed fish and grilled or boiled veggies.
- Here are some extra pointers:
- Drink water to stay hydrated! It’s important to consume adequate water, and I’m frequently shocked by how little people actually consume. At midday, I often drink 1.5 litres of water, then another litre before supper, and lastly 2–3 cups before night. Jokingly, my friends refer to me as a camel.
- Try eating more grilled or steamed foods instead than fried ones. In addition, try to eat less acidic meals and more alkaline ones.
- The alkaline diet is said to have many benefits, including greater energy, weight loss, improved focus, and clearer skin.
- Limit or completely avoid processed meals. Meals containing an excessive amount of chemicals are bad for your health.
- One glass of alcohol maximum; otherwise, refrain from drinking.
- Limit your consumption of dairy products or stop all together.
6. Workout routines
Exercise, especially weightlifting, is something I really enjoy. It’s wonderful to feel stronger and to challenge myself to lift more weight or perform more repetitions than I previously did. When I accomplish these goals, I experience a surge of happiness that can become somewhat addictive.
One of the biggest myths about weightlifting that women need to get beyond is the worry that it would make them overly bulky and muscular like a bodybuilder.
Take out the weights, barbells, and kettlebells, ladies! We don’t have enough testosterone to generate enormous muscles, so don’t worry about gaining weight like a bodybuilder. Increasing your muscle mass can actually speed up your weight loss because muscles burn fat.
You should work out vigorouslyif you want to burn more calories, advises San Diego, California-based certified personal trainer Natalie Jill. You must exert yourself completely for as long as you can during high-intensity exercises. If you find this daunting, keep in mind that you’ll burn more calories faster.
I frequently visit Pinterest when I’m looking for inspiration. I keep track of every exercise session I have on this site. When I went back to the gym in November, I just did 20 minutes of exercise at first. I was able to rediscover my drive to commit to my fitness goals by establishing a programme that included high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and coming to the gym three times each week.
A Cleveland Clinic endocrinologist named Sangeeta Kashyap says it’s crucial to include both weight training and cardiovascular exercise in your fitness regimen. Gaining muscle mass through strength training can boost your body’s ability to burn fat. Muscle burns more calories than fat, so having more muscle can result in burning more calories throughout the day, as Kate Patton, a registered dietitian at Cleveland Clinic, says. Patton advises aiming for 125 minutes of high-intensity activity or 250 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week to reap these benefits.
I exercise at home on days when I don’t have time to get to the gym. You can mix and match the training videos on my list to make your own unique fitness playlist.
If you make a commitment to exercising 2–3 times a week, you’ll soon discover that you’re doing more. It is preferable for beginners to enrol in lessons with a trainer or to work one-on-one with a trainer.
Good form is vital when exercising. Your workouts will be less effective and even cause injuries if you use improper technique. I’ve worked with personal trainers who have improved my form so that I can work out independently.
It’s crucial to participate in things that you genuinely enjoy if you want to maintain consistency with your workouts. You’ll look forward to your workouts and be more motivated to stick with them over time if you do it this way. After all, committing to something you love is lot simpler than something you despise. Our subconscious minds are predisposed to seeking pleasure, so it’s important to try out different things and evaluate what makes you feel the happiest.
My weekly routine:
Sunday: A 10-minute intermission (3-minute slow warm-up, followed by 4 rounds of 40-second sprints with 20-second normal pace, 200m all-out sprint, and a 2-minute cool-down).
Monday: Shoulders, back, and arms.
Legs and core on Tuesday.
Wednesday: At-home cardio and strength training.
Thursday: Shoulders, chest, and arms.
Legs, thighs, and core on Friday.
Saturday is a holiday (sometimes swapped around based on my daily commitments, but I always stick to working out 6 days a week).
I normally warm up by using the stair climber machine for 8 minutes, the rowing machine for 10 minutes, and then the rope pull equipment for either aerobic or strength training.
As for cool-downs, I always stretch to loosen up my muscles, and the stretches change based on the muscles worked out that day.
I adore listening to upbeat music with motivational lyrics while exercising since it keeps my pace.
As HIIT workouts are great for burning fat, I intend to include more of them in the future.
7. Give yourself a break
A healthy lifestyle requires sustained effort and is not just a passing fad. As a result, it’s crucial to treat yourself occasionally. Don’t be afraid to indulge if you find a cake or sweet that you are really craving. You can either enjoy it alone or with company. According to studies, frequently depriving oneself can result in binges or overeating in the future. Enjoy the moment and don’t feel bad about it, then. Just enjoy it for a bit because you deserve it, don’t forget!
Comments
Post a Comment